WADOO!!NEWS: INEC records 72 per cent success in distribution of PVC in Benue

Parmanent-Voters-Card
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has distributed 72 per cent of the Permanent Voters Card (PVC) to its owners in Benue State, while the remaining 28 per cent were left in the 23 local government area councils in the state awaiting collection.

Ex-Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in the state, Yusuf Baba Abba, stated in an interview with DailyTrust in Makurdi. He said the major challenge facing the distribution of the PVC in the state was the refusal of the people to come out and pick their cards. He said the commission was bothered by the fact that despite mass campaign to educate the people on the need to visit their various council headquarters to collect their PVC so as to exercise their franchise in the 2015 elections, they refused to do so. Abba said the commission was now looking at the possibility of taking the cards to the ward level in order to bring the collection centre closer to the people. The REC expressed optimism that when the collection centres were brought closer to people, the remaining 28 per cent would be successfully disbursed.

FOR MORE INFO. FOLLOW RADIOWADOO
Follow us on twitter: CLICK HERE
kindly like our facebook page : CLICK HERE
BBM: 30EBF276

Advertisements

Posted on January 7, 2015, in NEWS and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

NIGER-DELTA PEACE CONGRESS

Sustaining Peace Through Transparent Reformation

radiowadoo

an international US radio station

U.S. Constitutional Free Press

Give me Liberty, Or Give me Death!

Brittius

Honor America

IAR Magazine

|Bridging The Gap

radiowadoo

Radiowadoo is an international US radio station

The Daily Post

The Art and Craft of Blogging

The WordPress.com Blog

The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.

%d bloggers like this: